Ovens, which have a great share in the preparation of delicious cakes and pastries, have an invaluable task in every home. The ovens, where the freshest bread, fluffy cakes, melt-in-the-mouth cookies, and meat dishes are cooked, need to be cleaned from time to time. Due to the steam of the food, after a while, a layer of dirt and oil forms in the oven.
In standard conditions, the inner surface and windows of the oven need cleaning after each firing. It’s time to clean the ovens that you sometimes postpone due to fuss. How Does? Based on the information about oven cleaning prepared for you now!
Which household materials can be used as oven cleaners? How to clean mini, microwave, built-in oven? Here are the oven cleaning methods that are the easiest to apply and show the most effective results!
1) Cleaning the Oven with Carbonated Lemon Water
“How to clean the inside of the oven?” It’s a question many people ponder over in the kitchen. The iron and inner surfaces of the oven, which become dirty and coated with oil over time, can be cleaned very easily. To clean all points of the oven, you can follow these steps:
- Mix 1 pack of baking soda, juice of 1 lemon and water in a container or spray bottle.
- Then spray the mixture on the inner surface of the oven.
- If you do not use a spray bottle, you can clean it with a cloth.
- Let the carbonated water dispersed in the oven stand for about 30 minutes.
- After the waiting time has passed, wipe the sides and floor of the oven with a damp cloth.
- You can extend the life of the oven by applying this easy method after each firing.
2) Oven Oil Burn Cleaning with Ammonia
You can clean any type of oven with ammonia, which is included in many cleaning products. If you are thinking about how to clean baking oil with ammonia, here are the steps to follow:
- Mix half a glass of ammonia and 2 glasses of water in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture on all surfaces of the oven. In the meantime, take out the oven wire and the thermometer, if any.
- You can use the kitchen sink for the oven wire.
- After distributing the ammonia water in the oven, keep the oven door closed for a few hours.
- The ammonia will disperse in the oven and dissolve the oil and burns from old cooking.
- After waiting for a certain time, you can clean the entire surface with a warm cloth.
3) Cleaning the Oven Glass with Vinegar and Soap Water
Economical and natural cleaner vinegar is at work this time in oven cleaning. We are here to answer your question, how to clean the oven glass with vinegar. Oven glass, which is the most polluted place in oven use, can be filled with brown stains if it is not cleaned for a long time. To prevent this bad appearance, you can use soapy water with vinegar. If vinegar and soap are ready, you should follow these steps:
- Add the same amount of vinegar and water to the mixing bowl.
- Add the same amount of liquid soap or grated soap to this liquid mixture.
- Add your other ingredient, baking soda, in the same way that will help the oils to come out easily and mix all the ingredients.
- You have created your own cleaning detergent from the materials you mixed.
- Now you can clean all parts of the oven by taking this detergent with the help of a sponge.
- After you finish cleaning, you can make the oven look brighter by making the final touch with a damp cloth.
- You can also benefit from this mixture by using a dish sponge to clean the oven wires.
4) Refresh the Oven Smell with Lemon Water
Oven cleaning method with lemon water can be preferred to remove bad odors and give shine to the oven. It is recommended to be applied after heavy oven meals and fish meals to avoid any odor in the oven. If you are wondering how to ensure oven hygiene using lemon water, you can take a look at the steps:
- In a medium bowl, add warm water and lemon juice.
- Then, using a dish sponge or glass cloth, apply this mixture to the cloth.
- Rub the glass part, floor or side surfaces of the oven well with lemon water.
- Warm water will make your cleaning job easier.
- Thanks to the smell of lemon, the smell of cooking in the oven also disappears.
- You can add innovation and hygiene to the oven by trying this method whenever you want.
5) Fragrant Cleaning with Soap and Orange Oil
Finally, we look at the issue of oven cleaning from an ecological perspective. We recommend the most economical and healthy oven cleaning detergent. You should definitely apply this mixture that you can prepare very easily. Here are the hygiene steps you need to do to extend the oven life and always find the oven clean:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of soap, 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of orange oil and about 1 cup of hot water. Continue mixing until all ingredients are melted.
- Before you start cleaning, run the oven at 140 degrees for a short time and turn it off after 10 minutes.
- Distribute this mixture inside the oven when the oven is not operating.
- Wait for a while for the detergent to remain in the oven.
- Finally, wipe all over with a damp cloth.
- With this method, the oil and dirt in the oven will be cleaned and an orange-scented air will come from the oven.
What is Oven Cleaning Tips?
We answered your question about how to clean the oven at home in 5 easy ways. So, what are the important tricks that will help you while cleaning the oven?
- First of all, you should develop a cleaning routine according to your oven usage frequency. If you are cooking a lot of food, cakes, cookies and pies in the oven, we recommend that you clean the oven immediately after 1-2 uses; otherwise the residues will dry out and it will be difficult to remove the stains. On the other hand, if you use an oven at long intervals and still clean frequently, the material of the oven can deform quickly.
- The cloth you use while cleaning the oven must be of a feature that will not scratch the oven. When wiping the oven to remove stains, you should be careful not to scratch the inner lining.
- It is beneficial for your health to use the natural materials we recommend while cleaning the oven. Intense cleaning products such as bleach, pore solution, etc. can affect your eyes, windpipe and hands badly while cleaning.